Located in the old Water Police Station in Central Quay, the Justice and Police Museum provides a look into the history
of law, policing and crime in New South Wales. The building itself was built in 1858 and once served as a police station to the nearby Water Police Court, back in the days when Circular Quay was home to some of Sydney's most unruly characters.
The museum has been renovated to its former 1890s glory and houses a magistrates court, police charge room and remand cells. Details of some of the more gruesome and macabre crimes of the time can be discovered in the permanent exhibits. Original artefacts of notorious bush rangers can also be seen. Address: Corner of Phillip and Albert Streets, Circular Quay, Sydney, NSW, 2000.